Job no: 0061545
Role type: Part-time (0.2 FTE); Continuing
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of General Practice and Primary Care, Melbourne Medical School
Salary: Level B – $ 114,645 - $ 136,136 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% super, and clinical loading
- Grow your academic career with training and mentorship, shaping the future of medical education.
- Active role in teaching, research, and curriculum design within the dynamic Department of General Practice and Primary Care Teaching team.
- Flexible work arrangements! This is an ideal role to complement your clinical commitments, network with fellow clinicians and researchers, and be exposed to current evidence-based practice.
About the Role
Join our vibrant Department of General Practice and Primary Care team and shape the future of medical education. As a key player, you'll contribute to coordinating the general practice components of the Doctor of Medicine degree, offering a unique chance to enhance your academic career. With opportunities for mentorship, training, and active involvement in teaching and learning committees, this role ensures you'll be at the forefront of medical education innovation, supported by a dynamic team and a commitment to the highest standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide academic input to the department’s GP placements ensuring quality processes are maintained from placement through to examination results and ensuring assessment processes for the MD are executed in line with University of Melbourne Policy.
- Provide academic input to the GP curriculum design, implementation, and delivery and have input as required for preparation of teaching staff and GP supervisors, student teaching and revising curriculum and guidebooks.
- Contribute to the scholarship of teaching through participating in relevant T&L research activities, including the design, analysis and dissemination of research studies.
Who We Are Looking For
You bring a scholarly approach to teaching. and your passion for general practice and primary care. Your demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively ensures project success and meets deadlines effectively.
You will also have:
- A Fellowship of The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders and to conduct presentations.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at an undergraduate or postgraduate level, including teaching tutorials, development of learning materials and formation of assessment appropriate to learning goals as well as experience with students undertaking clinical placement.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This role requires that the successful candidate must undergo and maintain an up-to-date Working with Children Check. This is essential to guarantee a secure environment for all individuals at the University. In the case the selected candidate doesn't have a valid Working with Children Check, they will be able to apply for the WWCC as part of the initial onboarding procedures.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Department of General Practice and Primary Care
The Department of General Practice and Primary Care at the University of Melbourne is a leading center for primary care research, training, and innovation. With a network of over 600 community-based practices, we provide quality medical education, postgraduate training, and collaborate on research. Through initiatives like the Data for Decisions program, we ensure privacy while leveraging electronic medical record data. Our research focuses on biostatistics, implementation science, informatics, and co-design, addressing key healthcare challenges. Join us to shape the future of primary care and make a difference in patient outcomes.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require reasonable adjustments, please contact Kim Groizard at firstname.lastname@example.org, with an email containing your name and contact details for a confidential discussion. Please ensure your email is titled "Reasonable Adjustments Request".
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Tara via email at email@example.com, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Advertised: 07 Feb 2024 12:05 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Feb 2024 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time