School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences
Lecturer - Project and Quality Management – REQ000023
Due to a significant investment in our teaching portfolio within our Paisley and London Campuses, the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is seeking applications from individuals to join the Project Management team as a Lecturer within the School’s Division of Engineering. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification
- Advance HE Fellowship
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
- Have experience of delivering modules across the area of Project/Quality Management; and experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience for students on the APM accredited MSc Project Management and the CQI accredited MSc Quality Management.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
UWS is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 200 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2023 Young University Rankings).
The School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences offers industry-focussed teaching and research opportunities that deliver solutions to real-world problems. You will join an innovative and supportive team, playing a key role in driving forward our ambition to deliver transformational change, through outputs that have a tangible, early and positive impact on society across the globe. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, extensive expertise in research and development, and our robust collaborations with multinational companies across the world.
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Sunday, 17th December 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 8th January 2024
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
The current academic structure and nomenclature at UWS is as follows:
- AC2 – Lecturer (first time academic post) AC3 – Lecturer AC4 – Senior Lecturer (alternate titles used in different Universities include Principal Lecturer or Associate Professor)
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.