Winchester School of Art
Location: Winchester School of Art
Salary: £34,980 to £42,978 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 02 January 2024
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Winchester School of Art are looking to appoint a Gallery Manager who will coordinate the production of exhibitions, manage relationships with key partners, and oversee the logistical management of its gallery. Working closely with the Gallery Director, they will also be an important voice in the development of the vision for the Gallery and planning the schedule of exhibitions.
The Winchester Gallery, which sits within the WSA teaching and research estate, is a showcase for work of staff, students, alumni, artists, designers and researchers from around the world, and is a key element of the School’s cultural and civic engagement. It’s an exciting time to join WSA as we consider investment into civic engagement and development of the physical environment.
The Gallery Manager will be responsible for:
- coordinating and supporting a strategic planning process for the Winchester Gallery, led by the Gallery Director, to develop a meaningful vision and mission that strengthens the Gallery’s place at WSA;
- maintaining a shared exhibition schedule, facilitating exhibition design and installation in collaboration with Gallery and School technical and academic staff;
- delivering operational support for the Gallery, including managing the budget, timetabling, and overseeing gallery invigilation;
- coordination with communication and design teams;
- acting as the initial point of contact for the Gallery and its activities with the Library, the John Hansard Gallery, and other stakeholders.
About the University:
The University promotes a healthy work life balance with a generous holiday allowance, defined benefit pension, flexible working, generous parental leave, and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
Our vision and mission at the University of Southampton is to have a community where staff and students feel welcome, supported and valued. The Faculty is proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, with the belief that excellence will be achieved through recognising the value of every individual.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Louise Siddons firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at the University of Southampton:
Check out the staff benefits and why you should join us at The University of Southampton!
Please apply by uploading your CV and a Cover Letter. The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need assistance, call Recruitment on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Quote the advert reference on all correspondence.