The MSE department is seeking qualified candidates for Lecturer / Senior Lecturer positions. In additional to regular classroom teaching and ad hoc administrative duties, the successful candidates will be expected to help the department develop its curriculum to prepare students for Industry 4.0. This will include, but not limited to, proposing of new modules and laboratory experiments that are both educational and attractive to students, introducing new teaching & assessment methodologies and helping to incorporate machining learning into both existing and future modules. The candidates will also be expected to actively drive outreach activities to attract more high-quality students into the department. Appointments at the Senior lecturer level will be expected to show formal/informal leadership or application of pedagogical knowledge to the teaching of a discipline.
To include, but not limited to:
- Teaching load equivalent to twice of the average tenure-track teaching load. For the academic year 2022/23 this would have been circa 4 full modules per year; including project supervision. However, actual amount will vary depending on the evolving staff to student ratio.
- Contribute to the teaching of the first year Engineering Principles and Practice modules
- Modernize undergraduate laboratory experiments to make these more attractive to students.
- Develop new modules, with a specific emphasis on introducing machine learning into MSE curriculum.
- Work with outreach efforts in raising awareness of the impact of MSE as a top degree and career choice through engagements with local high schools and junior colleges
- Formulate and act on plans to increase diversity and a better gender balance in the students cohorts.
- Work closely with the department management team to develop new programs and alumni engagements to make MSE a top degree choice for undergraduate/graduate students
- Provide ad hoc admin support on student matters when necessary
1. PhD Degree
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Materials Science and Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22988