The Research Assistant will perform experimental work involving recording of neurophysiological signals (specifically, electroencephalography - EEG) in the area of human olfactory perception. Additionally, they will be involved with data modeling and analysis work of the recorded neurophysiological signals, under a brain-computer interface paradigm, as well as statistical analysis of related behavioral data. Specifically, the researcher is expected to:
- Be involved in planning and executing experimental and data analysis work associated with the project role.
- Implement software algorithms for real-time processing of EEG data.
- Effectively communicate conclusions and recommendations to the team.
- Contribute to drafting technical reports and scientific papers.
- Exemplify scientific integrity and teamwork.
Work will be performed at the N.1 Institute for Health, National University of Singapore.
The candidate is required to:
- Hold an BSc. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Have solid knowledge of programming languages knowledge (MATLAB, Python, R).
- Have previous exposure with machine learning tools and electroencephalography (EEG) data analysis (EEGLAB).
- Have previous exposure to brain-computer interfaces
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: N.1 Institute for Health
Department : N.1 Institute for Health
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22991