The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant position for the “Immunological approaches to Chronic Hepatitis B Functional Cure” in the Hepatitis Research Unit, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The large burden of CHB leading to liver cancer and end stage liver disease, can be addressed by treatments leading to Functional Cure (HBsAg loss), associated with ~70% reduction in such outcomes. There are many new agents being evaluated but the likely successful combination will rely on reducing viral antigen burden and stimulating immune responses. Our study proposal will provide insights into immune mechanisms of HBsAg loss, a strategy to maintain long term reduction in qHBsAg and a proof-of-concept study of therapeutic vaccine using a highly immunogenic HBV-CPG vaccine in CHB populations most likely to respond, those with low levels of HBsAg, , more information on the department is available at Department of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a yearly contract basis.
Purpose of the post
The RA is responsible for providing the following scans on clinical trial patients:
- abdominal ultrasound
- ARFI (Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse), an ultrasound-based tool to assess liver stiffness
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform abdominal ultrasound and ARFI.
- Sending images to overseas partner for the Radiologist’s review.
- Communicating with the coordinator the official results.
- Confirm patient identity before the procedure, while maintaining patient anonymity as per study protocol.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of the procedure room.
- Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Good communication with PI and research coordinators
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties (20%)
- Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of equipment
- Ensure proper scheduling of patients
- Good communication with PI and study team
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging
The applicant should:
- At least 3 years experience in ultrasonography
- Compassionate and good patient care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Good team player
- Willing to train in transient elastography
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to <Amy Tay>, at <email@example.com>.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21482