The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant/Associate for “Precision Care Pathway through frailty and cognitive assessment among older adults in the Community” in the Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies (ALCNS), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
The Alice Lee Centre for Nursing studies consist of a team of passionate and committed faculty, who takes pride in conducting multi-disciplinary and innovative research in different aspects of healthcare. Our commitment enables the translation of research into impactful healthcare outcomes and improve lives. The discovery of new nursing knowledge grounds the nursing practice principles, empowers nurses to advocate high-quality care for patients, and inspires nurses to lead and effectively collaborate with other healthcare professionals. More information on the department is available at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/nursing/research-home/.
Appointments will be made on yearly contract basis <1 year in the first instance, with the possibility of extension>.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the trial on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in hospital to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites, recruitment, data collection at the community/participants’ homes;
- work with various stakeholders on the development and evaluation of the intervention;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at the community/participants’ homes;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS or other software to process data, and analyse data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- assist in ethical application, amendment and submission of annual and final report;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in nursing/psychology/sociology/public health or related disciplines;
- experience working with research project management will be preferred;
- be able to work independently and with a team, have an investigative nature and attention to detail;
- have knowledge of computer applications (such as SPSS and MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- have good communication skills with older adults and colleagues, and fluency in English and Mandarin as there may be patients who can only speak Mandarin
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Assistant Professor Vivien Wu, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21483