The Department of Surgery at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, is seeking applications for a Visiting Research Scientist position to investigate the effects of stem cell secretome on wound healing and aging using Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs). This role will be based in the BICEPs (BioIonic Currents Electromagnetic Pulsing Systems) Laboratory. The successful candidate will also explore the potential application of the stem cell secretome in reversing photo-aging of skin cells by identifying specific factors secreted by the cells into the media.
The Department of Surgery at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, is at the forefront of cutting-edge research, encompassing a wide range of disciplines, from basic science research to translational application. Through our research programs, we strive to bridge the gap between scientific discoveries and clinical practice, translating fundamental knowledge into practical applications that directly benefit patients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform literature review if authoritative publications to identify understudied topics relevant to the laboratory's research focus.
- Generate innovative research ideas and proposals within the field of stem cell research.
- Take the lead on data collection, perform comprehensive statistical analysis, and provide scientific interpretations.
- Prepare high-quality presentation reports and deliver engaging seminar talks for laboratory and institute-level meetings.
- Develop well-structured grant proposals to secure research funding.
- Mentor and provide guidance to new interns and staff members on laboratory operations and procedures
- Hold a Ph.D. in Biology, Medical Sciences, or a related field.
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of postdoctoral research experience. Industry experience in a similar role would also be considered favourably
- Demonstrate a track record of research excellence and the ability to develop research programs and funding proposals.
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge, skills, and expertise in stem cell research.
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities are essential.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including a comprehensive cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), and contact information for three references. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further evaluation.