- 3x Full-time, Fixed-term (8 month) positions
- Location choices of Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour
- Remuneration package up to $87,290, including 17% super
Southern Cross University is a dynamic, ambitious institution focussed on its purpose of changing lives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact. Our game changing Southern Cross Model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes, quality of life and a better way to learn. Our world-ranked research is driving positive impact for our communities, environment and economy.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University is reshaping its Student Administration Services function and is seeking to appoint to multiple positions to provide administrative support during the student lifecycle focused on enhancing the student experience.
The Student Administration Officer (Admissions) is responsible for supporting the admission process for domestic and international applicants to Southern Cross University. This position provides prompt and accurate advice to prospective students and assess applications against entry requirements in accordance with University policy and procedure. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice and support to prospective students regarding admission processes, entry requirements and application statuses.
- Assess applications against entry requirements in accordance with University policy and procedure.
- Follow up outstanding applications, generate and monitor offers and acceptances.
The Admissions team work in a high volume and high regulated environment where accuracy is essential to deliver an efficient customer-centric experience across the admission process. The successful candidates will possess a keen eye for detail; enjoy process driven activities; be motivated and willing to work independently and as part of a large team to reach individual and team driven KPI’s. In addition, you will possess:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and two (2) years of relevant experience in a student administration or admissions environment, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and training.
- Demonstrated experience in your ability to interpret and apply policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to empathise and communicate with prospective students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads efficiently and excellent attention to detail.
Prior knowledge of processes and legislation pertaining to domestic and international admission to Australian universities, or similarly regulated environments, is an advantage, but not essential.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities. These positions are:
- Full-time, fixed term (8 months)
- Located at either Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore. HEW Level 4.
- The base salary ranges from $ 69,473 - $ 74,607 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $87,290.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and attach a CV and cover letter responding to the selection criteria within the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with unrestricted work rights in Australia for the entire duration of the appointment. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Ms Kathrine Unwin, Manager, Admissions
Phone: 0429 003 296
Closing Date: 11.30pm AEDT, 17 December 2023
Southern Cross University is committed to ensuring that the University reflects the rich diversity across the region in which the University’s campuses are located.
The University encourages applications from people of all ages, women, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people who openly identify as LGBTQI+.
We encourage applications from people with disability and will provide adjustments to the recruitment process upon request.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.