Development & Alumni Relations
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £29,605 to £31,396 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 07 January 2024
Interview Date: Wednesday 17 January 2024
Operations Support Officer
At the University of Southampton, our aim is to change the world for the better, bringing together realms of academic research, creativity, and knowledge to have a truly collaborative, immersive, and ground-breaking impact. We care about the challenges that humanity is facing, and work to support others on a local and global scale.
In the Office of Development & Alumni Relations (ODAR), our job is to galvanise our community to solve these challenges and to make a difference. Would you like this to be your job too?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR), working across the team providing customer-focused operational support for a range of ODAR priority activities.
- Managing an experienced team, you will co-ordinate and deliver the work of the Operations Support Team.
- Used to working with a CRM system, you will be responsible for reviewing practices across the team and implementing new approaches to processes.
- You will be working with our Gifts Administration Officer entering gifts and providing support for fundraising and donor relations queries.
- You will be passionate about providing an excellence of customer service across all activities and with all customers, whether in the team, across the University or external to the organisation.
- You will have exceptional organisational skills, with an eye for detail, able to prioritise well and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- You will demonstrate a desire to look for improvements for the benefit of users and recipients.
- You will bring enthusiasm to managing and being part of a team.
This is an exciting time to join the University of Southampton. We are planning our first University-wide fundraising and engagement campaign. Together, we want to raise more money and engage more alumni and friends with Southampton so that we can change the world.
As well as hybrid working, we offer a great benefits package, including a contributory pension scheme, 20 days’ holiday allowance to start (34 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays and University closure days), subsidised health and fitness facilities and a cycle-to-work scheme.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team
To learn more about working in the ODAR team, visit our Join ODAR website. If you’d like to have an informal chat about this role or ask any questions, please contact Laura Drummond, Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do contact us if you feel you don’t meet all the selection criteria and want to discuss the role further.