We are seeking to hire a motivated Research Fellow candidate with background in engineering to work on medical device related research. Our lab (www.ctlimlab.org) is dedicated to developing medical technologies with applications in the areas of cancer diagnosis, point-of-care diagnostics, cell based assays and wearable sensor technology.
Candidate will have the opportunity to work on these various areas of research and be involved in the design and fabrication of medical devices as well as collaborating with our clinical partners on the testing, validation and possible commercialization of these devices.
- Possess a PhD degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or biomedical engineering or its equivalent.
- Experience in microfluidics research, microfabrication, cell culture, microscopy and image analysis is preferred.
- Highly motivated, organized and responsible individual who can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Be prepared to engage in high interdisciplinary research and develop new research directions
- Ability to help mentor, supervise and train junior staff members and students
- Proven record of outstanding written, oral presentation and communications skills.
- Excellent skills in project management.
- Ability to work on grant proposals including writing, meeting with collaborators, and reviewing proposal opportunities from government and other sources.
- Open to fixed term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22214