Research Associate / Engineer/ Assistant (Data)
The Centre for Maritime Studies is a university-level research centre in NUS specialising in maritime studies. It aims to be the centre for Maritime and Supply Chain Research and Education committed to value-add to Singapore's journey to be the Global Trade and Connectivity Hub. Research team focusing on maritime decarbonisation is looking for data engineers to develop data systems for research on maritime emissions projection, risk management, impact analysis and policy incentives design for maritime decarbonisation.
- Identify data required, and develop data systems to:
- Estimate future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios
- Monitor the ongoing emission reduction measures/policies in international shipping
- Develop simulation model for impact assessment
- Analyse the potential impacts from various combinations of emission reduction measures, adoption of zero-carbon fuels, and/or emission reduction regulations
- Contribute to research publications and funding proposals
- Assist with the administration and management of research project, including preparation of presentations and other tasks assigned by the PI.
- Possess a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or other related quantitative research fields.
- Proficient with programming in Python, PySpark and SQL. A good understanding of Pandas, Numpy, and visualization libraries like matplotlib, plotly is required.
- Familiarity with working with large amounts of data.
- Experience with schema design, data modelling and writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge of Data Engineering tools like Airflow
- Familiarity with LINUX systems.
- Have a strong written and verbal command of the English language.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.