The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Research Associate to join our team and contribute to our ongoing research projects related to thermal management of flexible electronics. You will play a key role in designing and fabricating flexible electronic devices, with a specific focus on solving challenges related to overheating and heat dissipation.
- Design and fabricate integrated thermal management system for flexible electronics devices, including antenna devices.
- Conduct thermal simulations to identify potential thermal issues and optimize the heat dissipation capabilities of the devices.
- Develop and implement innovative thermal management materials, structures, and approaches to address overheating challenges in flexible electronics.
- Explore and evaluate new materials for efficient heat transfer, storage, and dissipation in flexible electronic devices.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to integrate thermal management solutions into the overall device design and fabrication process.
- Perform experimental characterization of thermal properties and performance of flexible electronic devices using appropriate measurement techniques and equipment, including IR thermal imaging and thermal reflectance system.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, along with a stimulating research environment and access to state-of-the-art facilities. This is a full-time position with an initial contract duration of 12 months, with potential for renewal based on performance and funding availability.
To apply, please submit your application materials, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Candidate should meet at least 4 criteria from the following list:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, or a related field with at least 2 years’ relevant work experience with a focus on flexible electronics and thermal management.
- Strong background in thermal management of electronic devices.
- Proficiency in thermal simulation software for analyzing and optimizing thermal performance.
- Knowledge of thermal management techniques and strategies for flexible electronics, including heat dissipation mechanisms and materials.
- Experience in developing and characterizing novel materials for heat transfer, storage, and dissipation in electronic devices.
- Familiarity with experimental techniques for thermal characterization, such as thermal imaging and thermal reflectance.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically about thermal management challenges in flexible electronics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present research findings effectively.
- Track record of research publications in reputable scientific journals.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21439