Research Fellow (Food Science and Technology)
The successful candidate will work with Professor Zhou Weibiao on postharvest intervention technologies under a project on shelf-life extension of fresh produce.
The candidate shall join a multidisciplinary team at NUS aiming to extend the shelf-life of fresh produce grown in Singapore, in order to help it achieve its 30-by-30 vision. The team comprises of experts on food engineering, food microbiology, active packaging and computational fluid dynamics. Areas of relevance for this particular position include antimicrobial testing, metabolic profiling, genetic characterization and food analysis.
In addition, he/she will help supervise final year undergraduate projects as well as MSc and PhD projects.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD in Food Science, Food Technology, or a closely related field from an internationally reputable university
- Strong wet laboratory and analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability of being an independent researcher
- Good team player
- Good scientific writing skills
Research experience with good track record, including:
- publications in top peer-reviewed SCI-indexed journals in the relevant field
- mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate student projects
- lab safety and maintenance
- research grant management
- working experience in a cross-disciplinary team
Working experience with alternative proteins, proteomics, in vitro digestion is highly desirable.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Food Science & Technology
Job requisition ID: 21824