Research Fellow (Synthetic Biology)
We are seeking two (2) talented postdoctoral researchers to join the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Programme (TRP) at the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Synthetic Biology TRP seeks to repurpose synthetic biology for positive clinical impact, specifically by developing therapeutic cells against human disease, enhancing the functional living of human beings, and promoting planetary health.
The Research Fellow/s (RFs) will work closely with the Principal Investigator and the research team to engineer microorganisms for sustainable bioproduction. Appointments will be initially made on a 1-year contract, with the possibility of extension. PhD holders with no experience are welcome to apply.
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Develop biological parts, genetic circuits, or tools for engineering microorganisms;
- Metabolically engineer microorganisms with high bioproduction capabilities for industrial applications in the production of value-added biochemicals;
- Mentor research assistants, graduate, and undergraduate students;
- Assist in any other duties delegated by the Principal Investigator and group leaders.
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD in Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, or related disciplines;
- Have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience on genetic parts assembly, pathway engineering, microbial strain engineering, fermentation, recovery and analytics of targeted metabolites;
- Have the ability to design and perform experiments for microbial strain engineering, gene expression, protein expression, enzymatic assays, microbial fermentation, and product recovery;
- Know how to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature and a strong attention to detail;
- Possess an established record of international publications
Remuneration will be commensurate to the candidate's qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to
Ms Suhana Sulaiman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating job reference number and current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21821