Research Fellow (Food Science & Technology)
The successful candidate will work with Professor Zhou Weibiao on lab-grown meat under a project on novel detection and mitigation strategies for cellular agriculture.
The candidate shall join an international multidisciplinary team endeavouring to detect and mitigate pathogens that contaminate cellular farming, in order to develop a safe and secure food supply chain that is strategically important for the sustainbility of countries like Singapore. The team comprises of experts on food engineering, food microbiology, surface chemistry, peptide chemistry and biotechnology. Areas of relevance for this particular position include microbial detection, microbial mitigation, metabolic profiling, genetic characterization and combinatorial screening.
In addition, he/she will help supervise final year undergraduate projects as well as MSc and PhD projects.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD in Food Science, Food Technology, or a closely related field from an internationally reputable university\
- Strong wet laboratory and analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability of being an independent researcher
- Good team player
- Good scientific writing skills
Research experience with good track record, including:
- publications in top peer-reviewed SCI-indexed journals in the relevant field
- mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate student projects
- lab safety and maintenance
- research grant management
- working experience in a cross-disciplinary team
Working experience with alternative proteins, proteomics, in vitro digestion is highly desirable.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Food Science & Technology
Job requisition ID: 21825