Salary: £33,966 - £41,732 per annum
Contract Type: Full-time/Part-time
Closing Date: 07-01-2024 12 Midday
University College Birmingham are seeking an experienced Lecturer to join our dedicated team in Birmingham, focused on teaching English resit students GCSE or Functional Skills English to complement their vocational programme of study. We are based in central Birmingham with excellent facilities within the institution and around the city.
As a pivotal member of our departmental academic team, you will play a crucial role in supporting and informing the design, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum for our resit programme, ensuring the highest standards of education. You will have experience of teaching in Further Education (FE) or Secondary institutions, with the ability to engage our FE students to ensure they reach their full potential. University College Birmingham is renowned for its supportive culture, so your confidence in the classroom should be matched by your encouragement of our students’ ambitions.
Are you ready to inspire, educate and embark on a transformative journey with us at University College Birmingham? Closing Date - Sunday 7 January 2024 at midday
Generous allocation of annual leave
- 38 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employer Contribution – 23.6%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service.
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Free on-site gym membership
- Standard information: UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted top in the International category in the prestigious 2023 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We were also awarded silver in the University of the Year category. The awards are voted for and by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students. We are TEF rated Silver, with a Good Ofsted rating.
University College Birmingham has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick - Ranked ninth in the 2024 Guardian League Tables and 67th in the World QS University Rankings 2024.
You may need to obtain permission to work in the UK if you don’t already have the unrestricted right to work in any role. There are various types of visa which include the right to work. You can check if you need a UK visa using the Government’s online tool and find information about UK visa routes and the eligibility criteria that must be met for each route Work in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). All staff are required to prove their right to work in the UK before they start work.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencement.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.