INVITATION TO APPLY FOR TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITION IN SOCIAL WORK
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading university centred in Asia. It is consistently ranked among the top 30 universities in the world and top two in Asia. Social Work is one of the oldest Departments in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), which hosts 16 Departments covering a wide range of academic programmes in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Asian Studies and Language Studies. In this multi-disciplinary setting in Singapore’s flagship university, the Department of Social Work offers ample opportunities for cutting-edge curriculum and research initiatives on contemporary social work and social development. The Department has a strong focus on practice and practice-based research. It produces graduates who rise to be leaders in social services and social policy. The Department also values expertise in inter-professional education/practice.
The Department seeks faculty members who have expertise in one or some of the following areas: Social Work with vulnerable children, youths and adults; disability; ageing; social policy; group and community work; human service planning and administration; and inter-professional practice. The staff team is keen to attract those who are interested in developing expertise in practice frameworks and policies relevant to the Asian region, and in client/service user involvement.
We invite applications for Professor/Associate Professor with the possibility to assume Headship of the Department in future.
:Applicants for the positions must:
- Have a PhD in Social Work or a PhD in a related field with a Masters or Bachelor in Social Work;
- Have strong research and publications;
- Demonstrate an interest and ability to teach courses on community work and policies as well as contribute to research and scholarship; and
- Have recorded good leadership.
- Applicants with a minimum of 5 years of practice experience after a Bachelor’s degree (BSW) or Master’s degree (MSW) in Social Work will be particularly welcome.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including housing and travel benefits.
Evaluation of applications will continue until the vacancy is filled.
Please submit your full application through the CHRS Link
- full curriculum vitae detailing your academic history i.e. degrees obtained, scholarships and awards, postdoctoral and clinical/residency training (where applicable), and other study and research opportunities, employment History (academic and non-academic positions), all PhD and postdoctoral supervisors or any other senior authors with close and regular collaborations (full name and institution) should be listed, grants, Invited talks, employment history
- teaching statement (max 3 pages)
- research statement (max of 3 pages)
- practice statement (max of 3 pages)
- complete list of publications
- citation and impact analysis of research output (excluding self-citations and in the case of co-authored work, cross-citations, highlight papers with the highest citation counts, and creative works with high impact),
- five key publications
- student feedback
- a list of six proposed external reviewers
and arrange for at least three academic letters of reference to be sent directly to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send in your enquiries to Ms Wendy Lim at email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Department of Social Work
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
National University of Singapore
Block AS3, Level 4, 3 Arts Link, Singapore 117570
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required. With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.