Job Title: Lecturer and Co-Lead, MSc in Precision Health and Medicine Program
Location: National University of Singapore
Department: Biochemistry Department
About National University of Singapore (NUS): NUS is a renowned institution committed to excellence in education and research. We pride ourselves on fostering innovation, critical thinking, and cutting-edge solutions to address the world's most pressing challenges. Our MSc in Precision Health and Medicine Program (PHM) is at the forefront of shaping the future of healthcare by integrating emerging technologies including Big Data, AI, and Computation into PHM. We are seeking a dynamic and motivated educator and visionary leader to join our team as a Lecturer and Co-Lead for the MSc PHM Program. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Program Directors to envision and implement strategic educational initiatives and projects. Responsibilities include leading an administrative team to oversee all aspects of the MSc programme, fostering collaborations with stakeholders both locally and internationally, delivering PHM content to students and leading research efforts that contribute to the program's educational innovation.
Position Summary: The Lecturer and Co-Lead for the MSc in Precision Health and Medicine Program will play a pivotal role in the program's leadership and success. This position offers a unique opportunity for a passionate and energetic individual with a PhD in a relevant field, a passion for teaching and research in Precision Health and Medicine, and strong expertise in Big Data and AI applications to contribute to the growth and development of this groundbreaking program.
1. Academic Leadership:
- Co-lead the MSc PHM Program alongside the existing program directors.
- Drive the development of innovative curriculum, ensuring alignment with
- the educational objectives and overarching goals of NUS as well as
- industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Foster a collaborative and engaging learning environment for students.
- Deliver high-quality instruction to students within the program, ensuring a comprehensive and engaging learning experience.
- Create and implement innovative teaching methods to facilitate students' understanding of the subject matter.
2. Research and Innovation:
- Conduct cutting-edge research in Precision Health and Medicine, contributing to the program's research agenda.
- Identify research ideas and topics for potential capstone projects and oversee the progress of student’s research project in the program.
- Mentor students throughout their capstone project attachments, providing guidance, support, and expertise.
3. Administrative Leadership:
- Oversee an administrative team responsible for the smooth functioning of the MSc PHM Program including the following:
- Manage all aspects of the program, including recruitment, admissions, academic progress monitoring, and student welfare.
- Efficiently manage program resources, including budgeting, to sustain and improve the program's educational quality.
- Monitor the program's progress and educational outcomes, making necessary adjustments to meet evolving educational needs.
- Ensure that the program adheres to academic standards and educational regulations, fostering a commitment to educational excellence.
- Prepare regular reports and updates for senior management, faculty, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Programme Directors to maintain and nurture existing partnerships with academic institutions, research organizations, industry stakeholders, and government agencies, while actively seeking new opportunities to expand collaboration to facilitate research and internship opportunities for the students.
- Address challenges and issues that arise in the educational program.
4. Fundraising and Scholarships:
- Seek additional sources of funding to support scholarships and student prizes.
- Engage with potential donors, industry partners, and alumni to enhance program funding.
- A good PhD in a relevant field related to Precision Health and Medicine.
- Strong expertise in Big Data, AI, and Computational PHM.
- A track record of impactful research and scholarly achievements.
- Dedication to teaching, mentoring, and student development.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to engage diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is mandatory. Proficiency in Chinese language would be considered a plus.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team.
- Experience in program management, including coordination and development would be viewed as an additional advantage.
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Opportunity to shape the future of healthcare education and research.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
- Collaborative and innovative academic environment.
- Support for professional development and research endeavours.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documents:
1. Cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing your academic (including teaching experience) and professional background.
3. Contact information for three professional references.
4. Indication of current and expected remuneration (if applicable).
Please send your application materials to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 15 2023. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.