The Department of Environmental Science at Auckland University of Technology is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Geospatial Science. The successful candidate will work on a part-time (0.5 FTE) basis to help deliver undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Geospatial Science.
- Conducting high-quality lectures, seminars, and practical sessions in geospatial science for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Developing and updating course materials to ensure relevance and currency in the field.
- Mentoring and advising students on their academic progress and career development in geospatial science.
- Undertaking independent research and scholarship in geospatial science, contributing to the knowledge base of the discipline.
- Engaging in collaborative research projects and seeking external funding opportunities.
- Participating in departmental and institutional committees and contributing to administrative duties as required.
- A Ph.D. in Geospatial Science or closely related field
- A solid background and research expertise in geospatial science, with a strong publication record.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Proficiency in geospatial analysis software and tools, such as GIS, remote sensing, and spatial modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to attract external research funding.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and motivate students.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment.
- We offer a supportive and collegial work environment, competitive salary, and opportunities for professional development. Auckland is a vibrant and diverse city with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities, cultural events, and a great quality of life.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents via email to [insert email address]:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position and highlighting relevant qualifications and experience.
- Curriculum vitae detailing educational background, employment history, and research/publication record.
- Teaching statement outlining approaches to teaching geospatial science and any evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Research statement summarizing current and future research interests and plans.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Auckland University of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information or inquiries about the position, please contact Associate Professor Kay Vopel (email@example.com).
Interviews are due to take place after the 8th January 2024.
Salary: $85,000 - $137,000 (appointment level and salary commensurate with skills and experience)
Closing date: 8th January 2024, at 11:55pm
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to te Tiriti, excellence and inclusivity and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.