- Full-time Continuing Role at Newcastle Business School
- Academic Level B or C
- Shaping the future of applied economics education
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We can’t do it without you.
We are looking for people to join our university – to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be part of something bigger
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) Accreditation, making NBS one of the top business schools in the world.
In this role you will:
- Deliver engaging lectures and seminars on various topics in applied economics to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Conduct cutting-edge research in the field of applied economics, contributing to the university's academic reputation.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the applied economics curriculum.
- Integrate innovative teaching methods and technologies to enhance the learning experience.
- Play a role in shaping the direction of the applied economics program and the School's vision.
- Establish and maintain industry and academic partnerships for collaborative research and student opportunities.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Newcastle City Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
- Demonstrate a strong track record of effective teaching and the ability to inspire students.
- Exhibit a robust publication record in reputable journals, with research aligned with applied economics.
- Display an innovative approach to teaching and a willingness to adapt to emerging pedagogical methods.
- Show an ability to work well within a diverse academic team and foster collaboration.
- Possess a strong network within the field and the ability to establish connections for research and student opportunities.
- Convey a genuine passion for applied economics and a commitment to advancing the field.
How will we support you?
The remuneration for this position is Level B $108,382 – $128,705 or Level C $132,768 - $153,093 + 17% superannuation.
The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
Let’s be part of something bigger together.
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A Cover Letter; outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- Your CV, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
For additional information on the position contact Professor James Skinner, Dean/Head of School on (02) 4055 0918.
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 29 January 2024 at 5.00pm AEDT
Interviews for this position will be held in late February/early March 2024.
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you