ABOUT KING'S DIGITAL
King’s Digital is a newly established professional service of the College that provides centralised support to and oversight of online education activity across King’s. Specifically, the department has three verticals: content production; operations; and student support. Working closely with Faculties, the content production function (previously known as King’s Online) is responsible for the co-design and development of online materials as well as the maintenance of the associated virtual learning environment. The student support function is responsible for providing a dedicated non-academic student management service to distance learners at King’s.
The operations function is responsible for the planning, coordination and management of online provision, including portfolio and pipeline oversight; third-party and Faculty coordination; and programme performance management.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role-holder will join the team at an exciting point in our growth strategy. We are launching a collection of new online degrees in September 2024 and this role will play a crucial part in ensuring the success of this expansion. Reporting to the Project Manager (Operations) and working closely with our partners and colleagues in other directorates, [A1] you will work with colleagues to ensure that we have the policies and processes needed for the successful delivery of online programmes. You will play a central role in planning activities in the student lifecycle, coordinating between teams and ensuring that information is clearly recorded and communicated to everyone involved. You will be proactive in identifying risks which may challenge our delivery and propose solutions to any day-to-day issues raised. Ensuring a seamless student experience will be central to all your efforts.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of programmes with our partners. You will also be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of course web pages, liaising with academic faculties, admissions and marketing, ensuring that all published copy is kept up to date and is audited regularly.
This is a varied role requiring an organised, structured approach and a keen eye for detail. You will be building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and often be the first port of call for enquiries into King’s Digital from around King’s and from external stakeholders. Ideally, you will have some experience in programme management or student services, either for on campus or online students.
The role is primarily based at King’s Strand Campus though you may be required to travel to other campuses on occasion. As part of King’s policy of hybrid working, all team members can work remotely for part of the week if they wish.
This post will be offered on a fixed time contract in the first instance
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Work closely with colleagues within King’s and our partners to plan the schedule of tasks required to deliver your portfolio of programmes.
- Work with Project Manager (Operations) to monitor the effectiveness of delivery and use own initiative to propose innovative and workable solutions. Report on risks or issues which may impact delivery.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with central stakeholders within the University, including Finance, Admissions, Student Administrative Services, Student Services and with staff in faculty professional services teams.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with third party collaborators and suppliers, liaising on financial, contractual, and administrative issues. Arrange for the transfer of payments to collaborators and suppliers and manage payments against an approved payment profile.
- Manage a shared inbox, responding to queries within agreed timescales. Triage enquiries as required.
- Develop and maintain information management systems for appropriate administration of ongoing projects within the team.
- Maintain and update websites relating to the programmes, liaising with colleagues in other departments where required.
- Work with the team to create and maintain standard operating procedures for the team.
- Organise and take minutes for meetings as and when required, including timely write up, distribution, notification of actions assigned, and follow up on actions.
- Foster a community of best practice and continuous improvement within the online programme administration team and colleagues in central services and Faculty.
- Provide cover for team members as appropriate and take on additional projects when there is capacity.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Relevant work experience gained in a higher education environment
2. Experience of using Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint3. Ability to manage budgets and present financial information clearly
3. An understanding of what makes an excellent student experience
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
5. Methodical, detail oriented and flexible in approach to work, maintaining a high level of accuracy
6. Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
7. Proactive with the ability to work independently as well as delivering within a team
8. Curious, customer service oriented, with a commitment to personal accountability and continuous improvement
9. Comfortable with adapting to change, driving own professional development
10. Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace
1. Experience of working in education in a commercial environment
2. Experience of updating websites
3. Experience of using SITS