CUHK(SZ) is a research-intensive university with an international outlook, with roots in the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). Located in Longgang District of Shenzhen, CUHK(SZ) was established in 2014 as a Mainland-Hong Kong joint venture collaboration with generous support from the Shenzhen Municipal Government. The mission of CUHK(SZ) is to advance the creation, preservation, application and dissemination of knowledge through the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and public service in a diverse range of disciplines, thereby serving the needs and enhancing the well-being of the citizens of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, China as a whole, and the wider world community.
CUHK(SZ) currently offers a broad spectrum of courses in its six Schools, including the School of Management and Economics; the School of Science and Engineering; the School of Humanities and Social Science; the School of Data Science; the School of Medicine (inclusive of a School of Life and Health Sciences); and the School of Music. To date, more than 8,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students are studying at CUHK(SZ); over time, student enrollments will grow to 18,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students recruited from within China and overseas. English is the main medium of course instruction, and graduates are awarded CUHK degrees. The majority of the first four cohorts of graduates have proceeded to graduate studies abroad and those pursuing professional development are highly successful.
Further information about CUHK(SZ) may be found online at http://www.cuhk.edu.cn/.
CUHK(SZ) is proud to provide our students with a collegiate system. Each student is affiliated with one of our colleges so that students with different academic and cultural backgrounds may closely interact with one another. We uphold whole-person education. At our colleges, a wide variety of learning opportunities take place, supplementing academic education offered by Schools. Our informal education, in its various forms, cultivate our students’ artistic tastes, boost their interpersonal skills, and raise their awareness of social responsibility. At present, CUHK(SZ) has four colleges: Shaw; Diligentia; Muse and Harmonia. To support the development of the University, three new colleges will be put into operation in the coming two years.
The College Master is appointed to head the residential college. He/she is required to provide leadership and direction to steer the development of the College. The Master oversees the administration, management and operation of the College including planning the curricula and programmes in the College, planning and overseeing the College operating budget, actively involving in the administration of freshmen, and the selection of students to stay in the College; is responsible for the overall welfare, discipline and quality of the residential life for the students who reside in the College including formulating and implementing the College’s crisis plan, conflict mediation, crisis intervention, and serving as the Commander in the event of crisis; fostering strong affiliation among residents and alumni to the University. The College Master will be a member of the University senior management team, reporting to the President via the Vice-President (External and Student Affairs). Salary and benefits package for the position will be internationally competitive, commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
- Maintain full residence in the apartment provided in the Residential College throughout the term of service;
- Be dedicated to the whole-person education, warm hearted in dealing with student affairs, enthusiastic about “combining tradition and modernity, integrating China and the West”;
- Have a high level of honesty and integrity, and commitment to make a difference to the life of students who reside in the College;
- Have good leadership, team spirit, and role model conduct; and the ability to execute duties and responsibilities in a matured, rational, consistent and fair manner;
- Discharge their duties and responsibilities fully and up to the end of their term of service;
- Be prompt in response to emergencies and crisis cases in the College and manage them appropriately;
- Have passion, devotion and commitment to build the College under the operating environment in the Mainland;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to engage both internal and external stakeholders effectively.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate to the personal qualifications, internationally competitive, with university benefits.
Applications and nominations should be sent in strict confidence to email@example.com. Consideration of applications/nominations will continue until the position is filled.