Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and teaching tutorials for undergraduate courses;
- Coordinating student academic activities;
- Undertaking other assignment assigned by the supervisor;
- Providing research assistance to professors;
- Replicating research papers assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Should at least have a Bachelor degree in economics, finance, mathematics, computer science, or related fields;
- Should be competent in mathematics, subject to passing a written test of mathematical skills;
- Should have good teaching and communication skills;
- Should be competent in both written and spoken English;
- Must have the ability of working independently and the spirit of team work;
- Should honestly demonstrate working knowledge of software packages, which include but are not limited to Stata/Matlab/SAS/R/Python;
- Would be willing to take up extra responsibilities, if needed.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, and at least three references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The potential benefits of the research assistant part of this position include accessibility to faculty members who have successful experience in publishing in top-tier economics journals in diverse fields in economics and the possibility of collaborative work with the economics faculty members. All of these are highly valued by the admission committees in internationally reputable economics/finance Ph.D. programs.
See, for instance, American Economic Review, Econometrica, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Development Economics, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Health Economics, Journal of Public Economics, just to name a few.
In AY21-22, members of this position received offers from reputable PhD programs, such as the PhD in Economics programs in The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University of Connecticut, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, Nanyang Technological University, The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (Geneva, Switzerland), The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-Shenzhen), just to name a few.