Salary: £18,003 - £20,056 per annum (Pro rata of £29,605 - £32,982 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, 22.5 Hours Per Week, 52 Weeks Per Year
Closing Date: 07-01-2024 12 Midday
University College Birmingham are recruiting for a highly skilled Placement Officer to join the Department of Health. You will join the school at an exciting time as it continues to grow and develop new innovative courses and expand existing offerings.
As Placement Officer you will join the dedicated healthcare placements team in the organisation, administration, and coordination of placements for our students undertaking Nursing, Physiotherapy and other allied health programmes. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience of administrative work in a health or social care setting, excellent IT skills and an enthusiasm for supporting the future healthcare workforce.
University College Birmingham believes that in order to ensure the highest level of service, continuous professional development is essential. The University encourages all staff to develop further and have a generous budget to support this.
Closing Date - Sunday 7 January 2024 at midday
- Generous allocation of annual leave (Pro rata of)
- 26 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme - Employer Contribution – 20.9%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Free on-site gym membership
Standard information: UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted top in the International category in the prestigious 2023 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We were also awarded silver in the University of the Year category. The awards are voted for and by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students. We are TEF rated Silver, with a Good Ofsted rating.
University College Birmingham has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick - Ranked ninth in the 2024 Guardian League Tables and 67th in the World QS University Rankings 2024.
You may need to obtain permission to work in the UK if you don’t already have the unrestricted right to work in any role. There are various types of visa which include the right to work. You can check if you need a UK visa using the Government’s online tool and find information about UK visa routes and the eligibility criteria that must be met for each route Work in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). All staff are required to prove their right to work in the UK before they start work.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencement.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
Salary Contract Type Closing Date Support/Academic/Management