Established in 2004, the Institute of South Asian Studies (ISAS) is an autonomous research institute at the National University of Singapore. It is dedicated to research on contemporary South Asia. The Institute seeks to promote understanding of this vital region of the world, and to communicate knowledge and insights about it to policy makers, the business community, academia and civil society, in Singapore and beyond.
We are looking to appoint two Research Assistants as part of our research and administrative teams.
The candidates’ research focus should be on one or more of the following areas relating to South Asia:
- Politics, Society and Governance
- International Relations, Multipolarity and Multilateralism
- Trade and Economics
- Strategic Technologies
- Sustainability and the Environment
- Successfully completed their Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in International Relations or South Asian Studies.
- Have a strong theoretical and empirical grounding in the areas of South Asian society, politics, development and/or international relations.
- Preferably have copyediting and proofreading experience, technical expertise and creative abilities to manage a diverse range of publications.
- Knowledge of and experience in managing social media platforms and on-line presence.
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letter, detailed resume and a sample authored article in relation to South Asia in a PDF attachment.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.