FACULTY APPOINTMENT (PRACTICE/ EDUCATOR TRACK SCHEME) – PROJECT MANAGEMENT (CONSTRUCTION LAW AND CONTRACTS
The Department of the Built Environment in the College of Design and Engineering, National University of Singapore, invites scholar‐practitioners with professional skills and expertise in industry to apply for a faculty appointment on the Practice Track Scheme in Project Management (Construction Law and Contracts). Practice Track candidates should possess a degree, generally with 6 or more years of practice experience at a senior level and demonstrate leadership in the profession. Those who have teaching experience may also apply for a faculty appointment on the Educator Track Scheme. Educator Track candidates should possess a PhD or equivalent, with teaching experience in higher education settings.
More specific requirements are, but not limited to:
- Excellent combination of diverse managerial and technical background to teach and develop Project Management (PM)/Construction Law and Contracts modules and programmes.
- In‐depth knowledge and profound industry experiences that can contribute to innovate and add value to the fundamental as well as advanced knowledge areas that the Department has been working on.
- Excellent and significant industry experiences, skills and passions in the built environment and infrastructure industry.
- Versatility to adapt quickly to offer what students/markets want.
- Capacity to cover the teaching areas of Construction Law/Contracts
About the University and Department
The Department's vision is to become a global leader in project and infrastructure management. It offers an undergraduate engineering programme in Infrastructure and Project Management, as well as graduate programmes in “Project Management” and “Building Performance and Sustainability”. The Department also offers higher degree programmes by research. The two broad areas of research focus are in Project Management and Facilities Management.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a research‐intensive university that was founded in 1905. NUS is Singapore’s flagship university and consistently ranks among the top universities in Asia and the World. The Department of the Built Environment was named the world's #6 in Architecture/Built Environment in the 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
For more information on the department, visit: https://cde.nus.edu.sg/dbe/
The successful candidates are expected to contribute to education, faculty development, and service, and complement the research efforts of the Department where appropriate. They are also expected to contribute significantly to the outreach activities of the Department.
The University offers competitive remunerative packages including subsidised housing for expatriate faculty members.
Applications should include the following documents:
- Cover Letter explaining applicant’s interest for the position applied for
- Full Curriculum Vitae, including education, professional background, teaching and supervision, research activities and achievements, honours and awards, and service accomplishments to date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13793