NUS, Singapore’s flagship university, and SIA, Singapore’s flagship carrier, jointly established a 5-year SIA-NUS Digital Aviation Corporate Laboratory (Corp Lab) to create and commercialise innovative technologies that could accelerate the digital transformation of Singapore’s aviation sector and redefine the air travel experience.
To emerge ahead in today’s digital transformation era, SIA and NUS will jointly target Revenue Management & Dynamic Pricing (for smart data-driven optimization), Transforming Competency and Skill Development (for intelligent and personalised pilot and cabin crew training), Employee Wellness (for data-driven and scientifically-backed improvements to workforce safety, performance and productivity), and Passenger Comfort, Sleep and Cabin Service (for next-generation product offerings and unparalleled customer service within the cabin).
In this position, you will be working on software technologies for implementing source code to develop a stand-alone platform for the collection, analysis of data related to employee wellness. You will work closely with hardware engineers, data analysts, project managers and industry partners to produce software design and architectures for prototyping and validating platforms towards managing wellness, performance and productivity for end users.
Your roles will include:
- Collaborate with the design team, other software engineers and product managers to design, build, enhance, and test new features
- Write clean and maintainable code that is properly tested and reviewed
- Understand the product thoroughly. Analyse, design and develop functionalities based on product requirements
- Design and build scalable and reliable server services
- Work with front-end engineers to provide API endpoints
- Work with researchers to implement and develop parallel and distributed systems
- Develop large and distributed systems for storage, server, website, and mobile app-level frameworks
- Identify and fix problems to improve stability and user experience
- Explore and evaluate the practicality of new technologies to improve existing processes and/or products
- Participate in regular development meetings and client engagement events
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of at least one of the server-side languages (Java, .NET, Python, Docker, Flask)
- Familiarity with Web Services like RESTful APIs, JSON
- Familiarity with Database-related services such as AWS, Ngix and MongoDB
- Proficient in fulfilling computation logic
- Candidate should be organized, meticulous, independent and has good communications skills
- Candidate should be comfortable working on multiple projects and in a dynamic environment
- Candidate should be able to work independently as well as be a team player