- Level 9, full-time appointment on a 2-year fixed term basis
- Base salary range: $123,330 – $130,504 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
Monitoring and review of the University’s academic quality and performance activities is an essential part of the University’s planning and quality assurance framework and provides valuable input into strategic planning activities, continuous improvement, and accountability across the institution. Under the Higher Education Standards Framework, the University is required to undertake cyclical review of its courses and academic units, monitor and analyse student performance data of all identified student cohorts, monitor and report on scholarly activities and engage in external benchmarking activities. The University is committed to these requirements as an integral part of its quality assurance processes.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic Excellence), you will work proactively with key stakeholders and be responsible for leading the delivery of Comprehensive Course Reviews, Annual Course Reviews, Desktop Course Reviews, Cohort Monitoring, reporting of Scholarly activities, and engagement with external benchmarking activities in accordance with the University’s academic policies. You will play a lead role in overseeing and managing the timely and professional delivery of these academic quality review and monitoring processes and contributing to an institutional wide student success framework. You will be responsible for coordinating data requirements and delivery in liaison with Strategy Planning and Performance teams and other key stakeholders across the University as required.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial and extensive relevant senior administration and management experience in coordinating and facilitating operational reviews, audit or compliance review processes or approach
- Extensive experience in establishing, leading, and implementing Academic Performance and Review activities
- Substantial experience in communicating, liaising, influencing and working with diverse groups and at various organisational levels and across a wide range of functional areas
- Experience as a committee Executive Officer
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Manager, Academic Quality Performance and Review (516060).docx
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday, 10 December 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Cassy Allum, Head of Student Administration, on (08) 6488 3916 or at email@example.com.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.