Research Fellow (Materials Science)
The Jing group is looking for two postdoctoral research fellows for projects on electrochemical flow systems or strongly correlated fields. The group combines electrochemistry and flow chemistry to electro-synthesize redox active materials in flow systems which can be used for aqueous organic flow batteries-based long-duration energy storage or carbon capture.
The successful candidate should have a PhD degree with expertise in some of the following areas:
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of electroactive materials
- Design, assembly, and optimization of electrochemical flow systems
- Theoretical and simulation approaches for strongly correlated materials and systems
The successful candidate should also have:
- Strong communication skills,
- motivation in scientific research, and
- experience in writing scientific papers
Recent Ph.D. and postdocs with a background in materials science and engineering, organic chemistry, electrochemistry, or a related field or candidates with a strong background in flow batteries or organic synthesis are encouraged to apply.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Materials Science and Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21777