Research Fellow (Nutritional Intervention)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow position for the design and execution of intervention trials, in the Healthy Longevity Translational Research Program, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with an affiliation with the National University Health System (NUHS) Centre for Healthy Longevity. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and monitoring of intervention trials, with a focus on ensuring compliance with study protocols and regulatory requirements.
The Centre for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of 6 Centres of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for geroscience research and translation globally, to be renowned for translating research into practice to improve healthspan.
The Healthy Longevity translational research program in the group of prof Andrea Maier is seeking a full-time research fellow to conduct and monitor geroprotective intervention trials with nutritional supplements in middle aged healthy populations. Experience in human clinical research is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform literature reviews on micronutrient levels in middle-aged populations to define the optimal level of micronutrients.
- Design and develop the protocol for a clinical trial with nutritional supplements in collaboration with principal investigators, data scientists, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the operational aspects of clinical trials, including participant recruitment, enrollment, monitoring, and data collection.
- Monitor trial progress, ensuring compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and study protocols.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize participant engagement, retention, and adherence to study protocols in a decentralized setting.
- Lead the preparation of regulatory submissions, trial reports, and scientific publications.
- Development and delivery of training materials for site staff and study team members.
- Identify new research opportunities and grant applications.
- A PhD or equivalent advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., nutrition, public health, epidemiology, clinical research).
- Experience in clinical trials, experience on decentralized trials is preferred but not essential.
- Strong understanding of GCP guidelines and other relevant regulatory requirements related to clinical trials.
- Able to work independently, but also enjoying the work with the team members.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills with strong leadership attributes.
- Good understanding of population nutrition especially micronutrient needs is preferred.
- Desire to move the Geroscience and Healthy Longevity Medicine field forward and contributing to evidence based interventions.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees).
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21767