The Department of Surgery of the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at National University of Singapore has immediate opening for a Research Assistant position in the Cardiac Surgery Laboratory.
Under the direction of Associate Professor Theodoros Kofidis, the CTVS lab focuses on minimally invasive cardiac innovations and other medical devices. The Lab is in the campus of Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine of the National University of Singapore, and supported by core laboratories of the University, and Nation-wide cardiovascular research. Currently, the lab is working to develop various surgical tools/systems and a potentially disruptive novel heart valve design.
These projects will provide opportunities for individuals seeking to pursue further training in the medical space, exposing them to innovative cardiovascular surgery and research, surgical engineering, and the development of medical tools through the various stages of R&D.
The individual will be assigned with performing laboratory tasks, procurement responsibilities, and performing a variety of research duties - specifically to help with the collection and interpretation of data for research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchasing products and services for the laboratory, including, track orders and ensure timely delivery, and keeping records of purchases.
- Participating in R&D projects, such as developing SmartValves, novel devices, equipment for heart lung machines, new endoscopic tools etc.
- Cleaning and maintaining lab equipment, including recalibration of equipment
- Maintaining equipment records and daily work logs
- Upkeep of all staff details, certificates, licenses, and training logs
- Manage overall day-to-day administrative activities with research team and collaborators
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in gathering relevant and statistical data for the various research projects
- Maintaining quality control standard to preserve the integrity of data and findings
- Analyzing data using various statistical methods
- Writing reports to summarize data and the implications of the results as they pertain to the various research projects
- Ad-hoc duties to assist with the publication of works regarding to the various research projects
- Bachelor Degree
- Demonstrated basic knowledge and skills in supporting various research activities.
- Relevant research and laboratory experience
- Possess good written and spoken communication skills.
- Proactive, meticulous, resourceful, initiative and highly motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18412