Research Fellow Position in Cultured Seafood Meat
My Laboratory in National University of Singapore (Department of Biological Sciences) is seeking a highly-motivated Research Fellow to join our efforts in researching and developing Cultured Meat Products from economically important seafood and fish species.
Key Research Duties and Developmental Roles:
- Develop and optimize protocol for the establishment and maintenance of primary muscle stem cell cultures, and their subsequent selection and eventual conversion into permanent stable cell lines.
- Develop robust protocol for the differentiation of muscle stem cells into terminally myotubes, and their finally assembly into “Cultured Meat”.
If you are a passionate, motivated and highly independent individual looking for an innovative research position in “Cultured Meat”, please submit your application and detailed CV using the contact information given below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
AP Chan Woon Khiong
Department of Biological Sciences
National University of Singapore
- Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences or Biology or related fields with strong foundation in mammalian cell culture, preferably with good working experience with embryonic stem (ES) and/or induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells.
- Ideally, candidates should also have some knowledge or experience in the handling and culture of divergent cell lines from aquatic vertebrate or invertebrate species.
- Finally, candidates with research experience in muscle stem cells (myoblasts or muscle satellite cells) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should possess strong proficiency in the handling and characterization of primary and immortalized cell lines using molecular and cell biology tools (such as cloning, qRT-PCR, RNASeq transcriptome profiling and analyses, immunofluorescence staining).
- A good publication record, with first authorship publications, would be highly desirable.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department: [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID: 20533