The responsibilities of the Lecturer shall be an appropriate combination of:
- a) Dissemination of knowledge through undergraduate and / or graduate teaching; and
- b) Academic service
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate writing classes and/or other courses in subject areas and on time schedules allocated by the Director of the GEU.
- Prepare teaching material based on course outline and syllabus. Revise the subject matter on a regular basis as appropriate for that subject.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Provide students with detailed syllabus, methods of instruction and evaluation in their courses.
- Engage in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses.
- Monitor students’ performance in their subject areas and provide remedial classes when necessary.
- Set and mark exams, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework, and any other relevant activity.
- Use up-to-date instructional technology and ensure the delivery is clear and consistent.
- Develop and improve their scholarly competence and effectiveness as teachers within the area of expertise.
- Serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance to the University’s policies when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators and members of the public.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the position.
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
Master’s degree in related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Expats: A minimum of 3 years of experience relevant to the position.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3 years of experience relevant to the position.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time