UWA Business School
- Join a multidisciplinary team at one of the Top 3 Best Business Schools in Australia.
- Level B, full-time appointment on ongoing basis.
- Base salary range: $108,509 – $128,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the school
The UWA Business School is one of the premier schools in the Asia-Pacific region and is fully accredited by AACSB and EQUIS. The School has been a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) since 2013 and is part of the United Nations Global Compact. The Business School has over 100 full-time academic staff, and approximately 5,000 students. Graduates from the School have continued to become leaders in a variety of industries throughout the world. The Business School is supported by a Board of prominent UWA alumni and leaders in industry and commerce.
About the department
The Department of Accounting & Finance offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses as well as research-based doctoral degrees. The students rank amongst the brightest in Australia, as measured by Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR). Academics in the Department deliver high quality teaching and conduct high quality research.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Department, you will contribute to research, teaching, and service within the School, University, and wider community.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Hold a PhD or equivalent in Finance or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to teach, and have a research interest, in at least one of quantitative methods / risk management, or ESG / sustainable finance would be highly valued
- Demonstrated interest in the application of Big Data and machine learning techniques to finance-related problems, including research and teaching initiatives would be highly valued
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to, and achievement in, scholarly research and communication of that achievement to others
- Demonstrate development of a clear, coherent research agenda and be willing to work collaboratively with others in the Department in furthering their research
- Show evidence of an ability to guide the direction and supervision of postgraduate students, and be willing to supervise honours or postgraduate research projects
- Demonstrate a significant personal contribution and commitment to high quality teaching and learning, including prior teaching experience
- Show evidence of an active role in the maintenance of academic standards and in the development of unit curriculums
- Demonstrate a willingness to be involved in academic and professional activities and in school policy development and administrative matters
- Show willingness to liaise with members of the community, and where appropriate, professional and relevant industry bodies
- Willing to work within the legislative requirements of the University and support the University’s commitment to equity
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Lecturer, Accounting and Finance (516100).pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Monday, 8 January 2024
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Lee Smales on (08) 08648 82971 or at email@example.com.
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.