School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences
Information and Quality Officer – REQ000005
The University of West of Scotland is recruiting for an Information and Quality Officer to join the School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences. The post holder will be a key contributor to the School’s Service Delivery Team in coordinating Accreditations, Programme Approvals and Institute Led Reviews. Lead and manage the process of student engagement in relation to UKVI attendance and monitoring. Monitor student recruitment targets, manage the coordination of External Examiners and produce high level management information across all areas.
As the Information and Quality Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, managing and developing designated colleagues within the School’s Service Delivery Team, ensuring effective and efficient staff deployment to meet the evolving needs of the School.
- Leading the coordination of the External Examiner appointment process, identifying gaps in provision and information. Maintain cross-School External Examiner module mapping documentation.
- Providing analysis of data across the student journey and construction of reports with recommendations based upon the data and other findings to feed into decision making, operational planning and strategy formulation processes within the School.
- Working with the School Business Manager to set, monitor and report on recruitment targets against actuals and provide baseline intake data and reports for tracking across years.
- Working closely with the Education and Quality Officer to ensure information flows are timely and accurate to support the smooth running of operational academic/student processes.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Evidence of progressing a broad range of activities within professional guidelines and following policies and processes in a high quality and timely manner.
- Effectively organise and prioritise own work and preferably others in the team, in order to produce work to a high standard to required deadlines.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including excellent report writing skills within an educational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Demonstrable experience of collating, manipulating and presenting complex data.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
UWS is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 200 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2023 Young University Rankings).
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional days leave on your birthday 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Friday 17th December 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 20th January 2024
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.