We are looking for a dedicated research engineer with expertise in microalgae cultivation using industrial food side-streams to produce high-value products.
- Cultivation of multiple microalgae strains in lab scale as well as larger bioreactors (up to 100L).
- Conversion of several different types of food waste into suitable media for microalgae cultivation.
- Conduct analysis of microalgae composition including protein, carbohydrate, lipid etc.
- Further analysis of lipids, sugars and amino acids using techniques such as GC, HPLC etc.
- Extraction of certain products from microalgal biomass
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, Chemical engineering or related field from a renowned university.
- Have a strong background in microalgal/microbial cultivation, downstream processing, and material characterization.
- Have 1-2 years of experience with microalgae cultivation, operation/design of bioreactors or handling/characterization of food waste.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who can also work independently
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22865