Senior Research Fellow, International Relations of Southeast Asia
The Centre on Asia and Globalisation (CAG), at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, invites applications for Research Fellowships in the field of International Relations, with a focus on Southeast Asia.
The Lee Kuan Yew School is a leading school of public policy with an international faculty and student body. CAG was established in 2006 to provide accurate, independent, and high- quality analysis on issues of regional and global significance for academia, decision-makers, commentators, and the general public. Its current research agenda focuses on the prospects of regional and global order; the future of economic globalisation/de-globalisation and their impact on Asia; the alignment postures of Southeast Asia in an era of superpower competition; and the impact of technology and artificial intelligence on international politics (https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/cag).
The candidate will conduct independent, in-depth, and publishable research on issues in his/her expertise and contribute to the Centre’s agenda on international relations of Southeast Asia.
S/he is expected to initiate and organize research projects, workshops, conferences, and other research events. S/he should be able to reach out to publishers and actively engage with academia, policy practitioners, and media and business leaders, as well as apply for external grants. In addition, s/he is expected to play a role in coordinating with other researchers and contribute to the broader intellectual life of the centre.
- A Ph.D. degree in the social sciences with preference for Political Science/International Relations
- Expertise in the International Relations of Southeast Asia. We are particularly interested in candidates specializing in the interface between domestic politics and foreign/security/military policy
- An ability to engage with policy and research communities in Singapore, Asia, and around the world
- A strong and demonstrated sense of academic independence and collegiality
- A willingness to engage in interdisciplinary interactions at the School
- Internationally competitive salary, 3-year renewable contract
- Housing benefit, travel assistance, and transit accommodation, subject to NUS eligibility criteria
- Highly collegial working environment with an internationally diverse group of scholars
- Excellent research support provided by CAG, the LKY School, and the University
Applicants should submit the following in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file):
- Cover letter, with a brief statement of research expertise and its relevance to CAG’s existing research interests
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Two samples of academic publications
- Three letters of reference (mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Joining date: 1 December 2023 (preferred, but negotiable)
- Application deadline: Open until filled
Please send electronic submissions to Ms. Serene Teang (email@example.com)
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department: Centre on Asia and Globalisation
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21372