As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project. The research staff shall conduct formulation and quantify the appropriate macro and micronutrients in meeting the RDA guidelines. To optimize the quantitative and qualitative suitability of the nutritional ingredients with emphasis on the stability and taste sensory profile of the food product. To conduct formulation and research activities in meeting the milestones and KPI of an acceptable food product. Performing the analysis, processing and conducting sensory evaluation trials of the food product in meeting the RDA levels of the ingredients in accordance to the healthy guidelines.
- Determine the suitability and stability of macro and micronutrients in sausage products.
- Formulation and quantification of ingredients in meeting the RDA guidelines
- Processing and optimization of sausage production
- Physicochemical and sensory texture profile analysis
- Microbiological shelf-life study of the final food product
6. Any other duties assigned
- Have relevant competence in the areas of food protein chemistry, food hydrocolloids, and food protein functional characterization for food processing and manufacturing.
- Have a degree in food science and technology, material science, chemistry, chemical engineering. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge in rheology, polymer gels, food structure, emulsion, foams, thermal stability of biopolymers.
- Able to communicate with industrial collaborators to share key findings, seek supports, or conducting pilot plant trials.