Salary: Competitive Salary
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Monday 15 January 2024
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to outstanding teaching and student experience, impactful research and innovation, and the creation of an environment in which students and staff achieve their full potential. Our 16,000 students are at the heart of our University, as demonstrated by our 4th position nationally in terms of overall satisfaction. We place a strong emphasis on practice-based learning and employability, leading the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide to name us University of the Year for Graduate Employment for 2022.
As we chart the University’s strategic course towards 2041, our 150th anniversary, we seek an inspirational leader to take up the vital role of Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Education. This key position, reporting directly to the Vice-Chancellor and serving as a key member of the University Executive Board, demands inspirational leadership focused on excellence in pedagogy. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring Surrey's continued prominence in educational development and delivery.
- Leading education development and delivery across all programmes and levels.
- Spearheading Surrey's expansion into high-quality online education.
- Overseeing the Surrey Institute of Education, upholding our commitment to educational excellence.
- Shaping the university's education offering to align with our strategic goals and future aspirations, both domestic and international.
- Championing quality assurance and innovation in education, including in transnational education.
To excel in this role, the appointed candidate will:
- Possess an unwavering belief in Surrey's vision, values, and ethos.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the diverse educational needs and modalities in a dual-intensive setting.
- Foster a collaborative spirit, building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exhibit a passion for engaging with individuals from all walks of life.
- Champion quality assurance and possess expertise in emerging education delivery models.
Surrey offers flexible working and a supportive environment where your leadership and expertise will be highly valued. We provide competitive compensation, relocation assistance, and professional development opportunities to support your growth.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our retained advisors, Networked, via the following PVCE link. The application deadline is midnight on Monday, 15th January 2024.
For informal inquiries about the position, please contact Hamish Laing at Networked via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +44 (0)7861 329463.
At Surrey, we are proud of the diversity within our community and are committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equitable opportunities for employees to thrive. Achieving our strategic vision relies on our proven ability to attract the best people from the UK and internationally to work and study here. We are proud members of the Race Equality Charter, the Athena SWAN Charter for gender equality, we are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and a committed Disability Confident employer