Salary: £22,500 to £26,500
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Friday 08 December 2023
Interview Date: Friday 15 December 2023
The University of Surrey is a leading UK University with global reach. We are a very diverse organisation attracting colleagues and students from all over the world. We strive for excellence in service in everything we do. Does this sound like you?
Come and join us.
Our workplace offers a friendly and supportive atmosphere, with a focus on teamwork and collaboration. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic setting where no two days are the same. As part of the post and portering team, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the smooth operation of the University.
About the role
We are seeking a number of enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our busy post and portering team. As a member of this close-knit team, you will be responsible for the post room tasks within our organisation. It’s a busy role, with a lot of variety, across two busy campuses where you will be communicating with colleagues and students on a regular basis. It is quite an active role as well as you will be spending the majority of your day on your feet.
You also have the opportunity to assist with the set-up of University Events, including graduation and may be asked from time to time to support the portering team.
- Sorting incoming mail, packages, and other deliveries promptly and accurately.
- Distributing mail to designated departments or individuals within the organisation.
- Preparing outgoing mail, ensuring proper addressing.
- Utilising mailroom equipment, such as franking machines and our computerised mail and parcel tracking system.
- Maintaining records of incoming and outgoing mail for tracking purposes.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for staff and student enquiries either in person or via email.
- Undertaking training to acquire skills in the other area to provide support and coverage when required.
- Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to seamlessly switch between roles as needed.
- Previous experience in a postal role is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage tasks efficiently.
- Good written and oral communication skills to decipher tasks acurately.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities.
- Reliable and punctual with a strong work ethic.
- Drivers Licence is desirable for this role.
We are also actively recruiting for Porters and you may be interested in working across both roles.
We offer competitive benefits with generous holiday and access to great facilities.
Please attach your CV and complete the application form where you will be asked to provide us with evidence of suitability against a number of specific requirements of the role.
Please apply by 23:59 on Friday 8th December 2023.
Interview Date on the 14th or 15th December 2023.
If you want to find out more email email@example.com to arrange a call.
Further details: Job Description
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
In return we offer a generous pension, relocation assistance where appropriate , flexible working options including job share and blended home/campus working locations (dependent on work duties), access to world-class leisure facilities on campus, a range of travel schemes and supportive family friendly benefits including an excellent on-site nursery.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.