Location: University Square
Salary: £44,577 to £58,451 per annum inclusive of London Weighting
Post Type: Full Time
Post Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 11 December 2023
University of East London
We’re the University of East London (UEL) founded in 1898 and proud to change lives through education. Our goal is to advance industry 5.0 careers-first education and provide a clear path to the jobs and opportunities of the future. We’re committed to driving diversity in the 5.0 talent pipeline, working in partnership to promote talent wherever it is found and creating a balanced, inclusive, and green future.
But we can't achieve this goal alone. We need forward-thinking, innovative, and curious individuals like you to join our community and help us craft our future. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people who share your passion for creating positive change. We’re an inclusive and welcoming community that is constantly moving forward, never satisfied with the status quo.
The Royal Docks School of Business & Law is a contemporary and vibrant learning community where we focus on providing a transformational educational experience for our students. Our programmes are as dynamic and diverse as our student community and our city. We operate at the crucial interface of business, technology and entrepreneurial thinking and we actively support positive change through championing sustainability, equity and social justice.
- To join us you’ll need some success in research to date, including having been published recently and prolific in attending conferences, public speaking etc. A lecturing/teaching background in HE would be beneficial, but we’re aware teaching excellence exists in other educational contexts, such as FE; and a desire to lead learning is also evident in career professionals working within business and law.
- A proven track record in business and/or chartered accreditation such as CMI, CIPS, or CIPD for example would be a fantastic addition to our faculty. And, if you’ve coached and mentored (ILM qual) in a leadership role and passed your learning on to others, we would be interested in your application.
- If you have a passion for education and creating successful graduate outcomes, plus a real desire to play your part in one of our specialised hubs of like-minded experts to pioneer our students’ future then please consider contacting us for an informal conversation or alternately, simply apply.
We care deeply about your wellbeing and our great benefits includes:
- A shared success bonus scheme of up to £5,000 pa.
- Pension of 31.08 to 35.38% You’ll contribute 7.4 to 11.7% (depending on your grade) and we contribute 23.68% to maintain the scheme,
- 38 days holiday (inc 3 days over Christmas) plus bank holidays,
- Hybrid working for most positions, and we’re always open to consider flexible working arrangements.
- Subsidised gym membership,
- 3 times base salary life assurance,
- A cashback healthcare scheme and wide variety of other generous benefits including discounts on; Apple and Samsung products, holidays, clothing, fitness, lifestyle, dining out and weekly shopping.
UEL is an inclusive equal opportunities employer and are proud of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity achievements, including: zero gender pay gap, members of Stonewall and have won Athena Swan awards. We expect employees of UEL to accept our EDI policy and will not tolerate discrimination in any form.
We're a disability confident employer and value all applications. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
To contact the recruitment team please phone +44 20 8223 3000 x 4600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without a completed application form will not be accepted.
At UEL we are committed to working together to build a community which values diversity in both our staff and student populations, is representative and inclusive, enabling all to progress and thrive.