Research Fellow (MMIC Designer)
We are offering a one-year research fellow position specializing in microwave/mmWave device modelling.
- You are expected to be skilled in performing large-signal and small-signal measurements of GaN HEMT devices and familiar with facilities such as probe stations, VNAs, load-pull tuners, couplers, spectrum analysers, and pulsed IV systems.
- You are expected to provide technical expertise in GaN HEMT modelling, including the parameter extraction, trapping effects modelling, and thermal effects modelling. It is important to have a broad perspective on device modeling, therefore you are expected to be familiar with different existing large-signal models, including the physical models, empirical models, and ANN models.
- Proficiency in optimization methods and Python coding is required.
- Experience with power amplifier MMIC tape-out using GaN technology is expected.
- Possess a PhD Degree with a proven academic record in GaN HEMT modelling.
- Solid knowledge and abundant experience in basic device physics, on-wafer measurement skills, GaN HEMT large-signal modelling, optimization methods, and power amplifier tape-out experience.
- Proficient in the state-of-art large-signal modelling methods.
- Minimum 5-year experience in device modelling with proven track record by publications.
- Experience with CAD tools such as ADS, MATLAB, COMSOL, and Python IDE.
- Skills in technical proposal writing and presenting.
- Have strong planning, organization skills, and adherence to deadlines.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills are essential.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22095