Assistant Professor (Division of Industrial Design)
The Division of Industrial Design in the College of Design and Engineering is seeking highly qualified candidates who can join us as an Assistant Professor and make significant contributions to the research and educational excellence of our programme and university. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas, or other timely and relevant domains:
- Design for Industries and Product Innovation
- Design for Human-Computer Interaction and Emerging Technologies
- Design for Service and Systems
- Design for Social Innovation and Sustainability
- Design for Entrepreneurship
- Practice-led research in Design
- Communication Design
The successful candidate will receive a start-up research grant to undertake research of international excellence and contribute to knowledge exchange activities relative to their discipline. The successful candidate will engage in cross-disciplinary research and education programmes under the College of Design and Engineering. They will also make significant contributions to postgraduate programmes and PhD supervision.
Candidates are required to have a PhD in a design related discipline, or one close to completion, with a strong track record in research, education, or professional engagements, and be able to advance the trajectory of the program.
Applications are to include:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (including research, teaching, professional practice, administrative experience)
- Publication and/or Project list
- Statement of Research citing up to five significant publications, creative work or other scholarly contribution and explaining their significance (max. 3 pages)
- Statement of Teaching philosophy and methodology. Where available, evidence of teaching ability such as student achievements, feedback, or peer review reports (max. 3 pages)
- Design portfolio if applicable
- A list of referees (min. 2) with contact details (who will be contacted only with your concurrence); and
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Division of Industrial Design
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 16924