Research Assistant (Chemistry)
The successful candidate will work with A/Prof Suresh Valiyaveettil on assessing the environmental impact of microplastics and controlled polymer degradation.
The job involves understanding the impact of microplastic particles in the marine environment. The candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team to develop new materials, processes, and tools for detection, quantitative analysis, and removal of microplastics from water.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Collection of microplastic samples from various locations in the region
- Identification of the microplastic samples using spectroscopic and microscopic techniques
- Coordinate research meetings between different groups
- Help the PI to prepare documents
- Organize workshops
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate actively with a multidisciplinary team and to develop new technologies. We are seeking a highly motivated goal-oriented person to join our team.
- Qualifications / Discipline: BSc (Hons) or MSc (Chemistry or Environmental Science).
- Skills: Polymer/microplastics characterisation, detection and characterisation of environmental pollutants and developing solutions.
- Experience: Experience in dealing with various environmental pollutants, use of spectroscopic and microscopic techniques.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Job requisition ID: 22103