Research Fellow (Maritime Data Analytics and System Integration)
The Research Fellow will work on a research project related to the big data driven vessel risk profile estimation and classification using Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based approaches.
This project aims to develop an AI-based vessel risk assessment engine based on the massive complicated multi-source vessel risk dataset to determine the vessel risk levels.
The job duties include establishing a multi-source vessel risk data mall, building AI engines, and integrating the developed vessel risk assessment engine into a fully functional software that is ready for use for the industries.
- PhD in Transportation Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, Data Science related subjects
- Experience in software development and user interface design.
- Ability to sophisticatedly use at least one programming language, e.g., Python, Java, Julia, C# and C++.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good teamwork and leadership, self-manage and motivated, with minimum supervision.
- Open to fixed-term contract
- Data mining and analysis, machine learning skills.
- Research experience on maritime risk assessment and big AIS data processing.
- Good publication record in international leading journals.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22098