- Casual or fixed term (up to 3 years and renewable) Part time with the potential to grow.
Who we are
Sydney Polytechnic Institute (SPI) is a small, newly registered, TEQSA accredited private tertiary education institution located in Haymarket, Sydney. We teach postgraduate programs in Data Science including a Master, Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificicate. Other undergraduate and postgraduate programs are in our plans. Our Academic Board and Governing Council members include academics with a broad range of experience in engineering, data science, ICT and business from across Go8 and non-Go8 universities.
Our vision is to become a highly respected technology-focused higher education institution leveraging strong, collaborative business relationships with local and global industry.
Sydney Polytechnic Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Do you want flexible hours in a great city location? Do you want to contribute to an exciting new start-up institution by establishing a new library? Join us and be part of a new student-centred, industry-oriented higher education institution conveniently located in the centre of Sydney and 5 minutes walk to major transport hubs.
We are looking for an experienced higher education librarian who wants the flexibility of part-time work. We are offering a casual or fixed-term role for up to 3 years with the possibility of renewal. You would use your sound knowledge and experience in library and information services to develop the new library function and provide guidance and support to students. The role is an exciting opportunity to develop a new library and implement new library systems.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing the library function of the Institute.
- Providing advice and information about library resources, systems, services and support.
- Supporting students in their use of the library and its systems. Identifying and contributing to continuous improvement of systems, policies and procedures. Ensuring all library practices meet compliance and reporting requirements.
A successful candidate will have:
- An ALIA-accredited library and information studies qualification. Demonstrated knowledge of higher education library and information services concepts, principles and theory, and a sound understanding of library systems, practices, procedures, and current developments. Demonstrated experience working in a higher education library environment.
Please submit your CV and application demonstrating your capabilities against the role requirements to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the role prior to submitting an application please email us and we will contact you to set up a time to talk.