Research Fellow / Research Engineer
To conduct applied research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and his team of Co-Investigators and Industry Collaborators, for the impactful outcome of developing a comprehensive online condition monitoring and health prognosis system for a large smart power grid using the most advanced sensing and computational intelligence technologies.
- Project planning, scheduling and management.
- Literature review of technologies and commercial market scanning.
- Modelling, simulation and data management.
- Design and analysis of hardware and software.
- Coding, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Testing, validation and verification.
- Carry out risk assessment, and ensure compliance with work, safety, and health regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Report drafting and documentation.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure impactful outcome of applied research projects
- Have a master’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University. Major in power or data engineering will be advantageous.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in the electrical engineering industry and preferably is familiar with electrical power distribution system.
- Prior knowledge on power system condition monitoring would be an advantage.
- Experience in project work would an advantage.