Application closing date: 11/12/2023
Salary: £37,841 per annum
Job category/type: Research
The School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering (CCE) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint a Research Fellow working in the area of self-assembled spin-crossover materials, carrying out research on nano/micro-material preparation and testing, supervising junior members of the team, while preparing research papers and grant proposals.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you:
- Have or are to obtain a PhD in Chemistry.
- Can demonstrate:
- Specific, relevant research experience in preparation and analysis of nanoparticles
- Expertise in preparation of materials using interfacial assembly of nanoparticles
- Extensive practical experience in operation of Raman spectrometers and electron microscopes.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term post available for 18 months. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Further Information for International Applicants