Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties and the School of Interdisciplinary Studies, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in the areas of Arts, Business and Social Sciences, and the broad curriculum covers an array of general education, interdisciplinary and science courses. The School of Graduate Studies offers research and taught postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines, and provides professional education for the wider society. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. Applications are now invited for the following post:
Assistant Teaching Officer
Department of Computing and Decision Sciences
The appointee is expected to
- Provide assistance in course preparation;
- Facilitate small team discussion under the supervision of the course instructors;
- Coordinate various student and alumni activities; and
- Perform other research and administrative duties as assigned.
- A recognized Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, eBusiness, and related fields;
- Good command of both English and Chinese;
- Be proactive, willing and capable to handle projects; and
- Having an understanding of the Taught Postgraduate Programme and/or our University with solid knowledge of Python, Anaconda, Jupyter notebook and GitHub would be a plus.
Salary and Benefits
The commencing salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits and mandatory provident fund.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.